You know you’re a teacher when…
- You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
- You’ve trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day, lunch and recess.
- You start every day with 30 high-fives.
- You have to work harder to take a sick day off than you would just suffering through the day at school.
- Your weekends are spent grading, planning, or preparing.
- You can eat lunch in 10 minutes or less.
Any fellow teacher reading this is probably smiling as they are picturing that one student, or past experiences that relate to those examples. And the list could go on and on! As my 3rd year of teaching is coming to a swift end, it is easy to relate, and come up with real-life examples, to the “you know you’re a teacher when…” posts. And that’s only after 3 years.
I began to think about what would be on the list of, “you know you’re a follower of Jesus when” list. And how many would I relate to and be quick to give examples about.
If it read, “you know you’re a follower of Jesus when”
- You love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind (Mat. 22:37)
- You have faith to move mountains (Mat. 17:20)
- You deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him (Mat. 16:24)
- You give everything like the widow (Mark 12:44)
- You pray for those who curse you (Luke 6:28)
It’s a bit of a sobering list to read. Can I instantly share an example from my life that reflects my experience as a follower of Jesus? Can you?
Sarah Quigg, GEM Missionary
If you’d like to support Sarah and be a part of her financial or prayer team, you can do so HERE or contact her directly HERE.